Summer is heating up, and that means so is barbecue season. With 4th of July celebrations around the corner, we thought, "What's more relaxing than dinner al fresco on a warm summer night with a nice breeze? A relaxing dinner al fresco with CBD-infused food and drink offerings, that's what!" We've cooked up 4 recipes that will tantalize your guests, and give them a dose of CBD wellness at the same time. Enjoy the fireworks in the sky, as well as the ones on your taste buds.
Berries and whipped cream get an upgrade with a dose of Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
- Berries of your choice (Blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries work great!)
- Mini-pie crusts
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Put bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least 15-30 minute.
- Wash fruit, and set aside to dry.
- Make the whipped cream:
- Add the heavy whipping cream and Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract to large mixing bowl. We love adding a the taste of citrus with Cold-Pressed Lemon and Cold-Pressed Orange flavors!) Whisk vigorously until well combined, or use the whisk attachment on mixer.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar to the bowl while constantly mixing. Start at low speed and increase speed as the mixture begins to stiffen. Once it makes stiff peaks, it's ready!
- Spoon or pipe cream into pie crusts, top with fruit, et voilà! A beautiful and relaxing dessert that will look great at your celebration.
Toast Original makes this simple summer favorite a relaxing addition to any party spread.
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 mL - 2 mL of Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
- Large microwave-safe mixing bowl
- Microwave or 1 stove-safe pot and 1 stove-safe bowl for double boiler
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Cookie sheet
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside. Wash and pat dry your strawberries well. Set aside.
- a. Microwave method:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave 60 seconds. Remove and stir. - Continue to microwave on 30
-second intervals until smooth.
b. Double boiler method:
- Put pot of water (about 1/4 filled) over medium heat on stove. Place chocolate chips in bowl, and place bowl in the water. Bring to a boil, then decrease heat. Occasionally stir chips until melted.
- Using a digital thermometer, ensure the temperature is lower than 240 degrees. If it is, gently stir in Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract. If it is not, wait until the temperature is below 240 degrees before stirring in the CBD oil.
- Gently dip the strawberries into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate run off before setting on the lined baking sheet.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool.
Refreshing and calming, a spritz of Toast Cold Pressed Lemon gives a traditional Limonada a kick.
- 1¼ oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup
- Toast Full Spectrum Extract in Cold Pressed Lemon
- 2½ oz Club Soda
- Ice Sugar for the Rim
- Lemon Peel for Garnish
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail glass
- Knife (for slicing lemon)
- Wet the rim of your favorite cocktail glass with a lemon wedge. Gently press the rim of the glass into the sugar until coated to taste.
- Combine the simple syrup with Toast Full Spectrum Hemp Extract in Cold Pressed Lemon (2 pumps from our Barista bottle or 2 full droppers from our other sizes).
- Into a cocktail shaker, combine ice cubes, the simple syrup blend, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Shake to blend and perfectly chill (about 15 seconds).
- Strain the cocktail into your glass and top with chilled club soda. Garnish with a lemon peel or lemon wheel; your choice!
- If you’re feeling a little extra, add a small scoop of high-quality lemon sorbet. You won’t regret it.
Finish off a perfect night under the fireworks with Toast X Fine & Raw Chocolate Supplement and marshmallow goodness.
- For fireside: Stick for toasting marshmallow
- If at home: Cookie sheet for oven
- For fireside: Stick marshmallow on stick. Toast it in fire until golden brown and gooey. Break graham cracker in half. Put Toast X Fine & Raw Chocolate Supplement on one piece. Smash toasted marshmallow between graham crackers and chocolate, so that it melts the chocolate.
- If inside: Break graham crackers in half and place on cookie sheet. Put chocolate squares on half the graham crackers and marshmallows on the other half. Broil them in the oven for 1-2 minutes until beginning to melt. Smash the two sides together. Simple and sweet. No stress necessary.
Cooking With CBD: What to Look for, What to Avoid
5 Refreshing CBD-Infused Cocktails For Warm Weather
SHOP FULL SPECTRUM OILS
SHOP CHOCOLATE SUPPLEMENTS